Georgia minus 3 defensive starters
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) — Seventh-ranked Georgia is without three of its top defensive players plus a defensive reserve, due to suspensions, for the Southeastern Conference opener against Missouri.
All-America safety Bacarri Rambo, linebacker Alec Ogletree and cornerback Sanders Commings were not on the travel roster and did not make the trip for Saturday night's game. Backup linebacker Chase Vasser also was left behind.
Rambo's high school coach said in the spring that he expected to receive a four-game suspension after a second positive test for marijuana, per school policy. Ogletree is reportedly being punished for violating team rules.
Commings received a two-game suspension following a January arrest on a domestic violence charge. Vasser was suspended for the first two games following a DUI arrest.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit