Georgia loses another defensive player to NFL
ATHENS, Ga. (AP) — Another Georgia defensive player is heading to the NFL.
Junior nose tackle Kwame Geathers informed the school Wednesday that he plans to enter the draft with a year of eligibility remaining.
The 6-foot-6, 355-pound Geathers follows linebackers Jarvis Jones and Alec Ogletree in declaring early for the pros.
This past season, Geathers played in all 14 games and finished with 40 tackles, including five for losses and a sack, along with a blocked field goal. He had eight starts and 61 tackles in his career.
The Bulldogs, coming off a second straight Southeastern Conference East title, will have big holes to fill on the defensive side next season. They're also losing nose tackle John Jenkins and safeties Bacarri Rambo and Shawn Williams.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments