Georgia QB Murray to return for senior season
Coach Mark Richt said recently he would support Murray and other juniors no matter their decisions on the draft.
"If these guys choose to stay, I'm thrilled obviously, but if they choose to go I'm their No. 1 fan ether way because I just want what's best for them," Richt said. "I can't say what's best for them. They have to figure out for themselves. They're grown men now."
Murray's decision means Georgia's offense will return almost all of its top starters from a unit that averaged a school-record 37.8 points.
Georgia loses senior receivers Tavarres King and Marlon Brown but will return receiver Malcolm Mitchell, tailbacks Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall and all five starting offensive linemen.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14891OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9440Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6703Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6232Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6155Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6060Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4124As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in