Georgia's Brandon Burrows plans transfer, play DE
ATHENS, Ga. (AP) — Georgia coach Mark Richt says sophomore linebacker Brandon Burrows plans to transfer to another school.
Burrows was redshirted as a freshman in 2010 and did not play in 2011 due to a shoulder injury.
He signed with Georgia from Walton High School in Marietta as a defensive end and was moved to linebacker for Georgia's 3-4 scheme. Burrows says he'll seek a new home with a four-man defensive front so he can play defensive end.
Burrows says he is "eternally grateful" for the opportunity provided by Richt, who has given Burrows an unconditional release from his scholarship.
Richt says he is "completely understanding" of Burrows' decision.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort