Germany striker Klose out for up to 2 months
FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) — Germany striker Miroslav Klose is likely to be out for about two months with a knee injury and will miss his country's World Cup qualifiers against Kazakhstan in March.
The German Football Federation says Klose will not be available for the two matches on March 22 and March 26.
Klose underwent tests in Munich ahead of Germany's friendly against France that found the Lazio striker had sustained a partially torn outer ligament in his right knee during his side's Serie A loss at Genoa on Sunday.
The 34-year-old veteran will be replaced by Mario Gomez in Wednesday's friendly in Paris. Gomez has not been able to secure a place in Bayern Munich's starting 11 since coming back from ankle surgery in November.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction