Get App-y: Polaris Office lets you work with documents
You might want to procrastinate from work with “Temple Run 2,” which released on iTunes last week, but to get real work done, look at Polaris Office.
The sequel to the popular endless running game “Temple Run” was released last week, so you might be too busy trying to race to the undetermined end of it to get any real work done.
But if you need to use your mobile device for actual work — such as on Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents, there are applications that can help you, no matter the platform.The people from “Polaris Office” recently asked me to look at their offering in the Business app category. It's easy to use — you can create blank documents or choose from templates and format them, and it's also easy to transfer files between your mobile device and computer without having to connect a cord.
The help/frequently asked questions section is extensive, too.
While I don't use my iPad often to create documents because I find it easier to work on a computer, I would still recommend having the ability to work with documents installed on your device. If people send you documents in an email, you can use these apps to open and work with them. Or, you can use the app to create a presentation, document or spreadsheet if you're not near your laptop.
Polaris, from Infraware Co., is $12.99 on the iTunes store and works with your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. It also is available on the Google Play store for Android devices and comes pre-installed on many of them.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located