Get App-y: Movie-related apps get creative
Get App-y: Film promoters get creative with movie mobile applications.
If you've ever wanted to stay connected to a favorite movie, even years after seeing it, take heart. Movie studios and mobile applications are finding innovative ways for you to do so these days — through your smartphones and tablets.
Two apps that I've tried recently offer interactive, entertaining examples of this.
First, in celebration of the recent Blu-ray release of “Monty Python and the Holy Grail,” Melcher Media put together an extensive app for the iPad exploring the making of the 1975 famous movie, both day by day and scene by scene.
The app, “Monty
Also included is video of visits to filming locations, like to the “Bridge of Death” and “Castle Aaargh!”, with actors discussing what they remember about making the movie. The app opens with actor/co-screenwriter John Cleese greeting you in true irreverent, Monty Python-like spirit.
“You just paid good money to relive the utterly miserable experience of filming the ‘Holy Grail' day by tedious day.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 14417OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 14044Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8989Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7004Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5982Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5451Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5357Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss