Get App-y: Sleep well and wake up refreshed
Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock attempts to track your sleeping patterns and gently wake you up in a more natural way at an optimal time.
Oklahoma State University senior Adam Kemp, who writes for The Oklahoman, first alerted me to this app, saying he has especially liked how the alarm works after using the app for a few weeks.
“I feel more refreshed,” he said. “It's easier to wake up.”
I agree. I have enjoyed waking up in a more peaceful way even after going to bed too late the night before. It is better than being jarred awake by an alarm set for an exact time.
Krishna noted that we all follow a circadian sleep wave cycle, with five stages of sleep alternating between heavy and light periods.
The app tracks those stages and offers a graph each morning to show them to you. The graphs are interesting, and I can see when my sleep was the deepest. The app also tracks how long you've slept.
Although I'm not sure how I can use the details about my widely varying sleep patterns, it shows how little sleep I am getting. I already knew that, but using the app, I hope to start working with my body's clock instead of against it.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 12675Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11502Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6315Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5431Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 5078Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4467OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3964How to help tornado victims