If you or someone you know is at risk of suicide, call the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-8255. The toll-free, confidential hotline is available 24 hours a day to anyone in distress. Or, go to the website, www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org.
The warning signs of suicide include:
• Talking about wanting to die or to kill oneself.
• Looking for a way to kill oneself, such as searching online or buying a gun.
• Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live.
• Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain.
• Talking about being a burden to others.
• Increasing use of alcohol or drugs.
• Acting anxious or agitated; behaving recklessly.
• Sleeping too little or too much.
• Withdrawing or isolating oneself.
• Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge.
• Displaying extreme mood swings.