Former OSU standout Markelle Martin’s NFL journey begins
Ex-Cowboy safety was a sixth-round pick by the Titans in the NFL Draft. But getting there was not an easy process.
STILLWATER — Markelle Martin jumped in his car alone on May 9 and began the journey toward his NFL future.
The road trip started in his hometown of Wichita Falls, Texas. Little Rock was the first stop. Then Memphis. He didn’t really do much besides grab a quick bite to eat and a couple hours of sleep. He spent more than 12 hours on the road.
But since Martin was alone, he made sure to take in the scenery around him while he was driving through the South. Trees. Mountains. Terrain not exactly common in Texas and Oklahoma....
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims