Giants 2B Scutaro takes hard hit, goes for X-rays
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — San Francisco Giants second baseman Marco Scutaro left Game 2 of the NL championship series after five innings because of an injured left hip, the result of an earlier hard slide by Matt Holliday.
The Giants said Scutaro was undergoing X-rays Tuesday night.
Holliday singled in the first inning for the St. Louis Cardinals and then barreled into Scutaro while breaking up a double play on Allen Craig's grounder. Scutaro went down awkwardly on the play.
Athletic trainer Dave Groeschner and manager Bruce Bochy hustled out to check on Scutaro, who got up and stayed in the game for four more innings.
Scutaro singled in the first and hit a two-run single in the fourth.
He was replaced in the top of the sixth by Ryan Theriot.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36528Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32802Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32453Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8406Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5462OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3890Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3494College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals