Giants CB Amukamara probably won't play vs. Dallas
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — New York Giants cornerback Prince Amukamara probably will miss the season opener against the Dallas Cowboys because of a high ankle sprain.
In discussing his team's health heading into the NFL kickoff Wednesday, coach Tom Coughlin said it doesn't look as if Amukamara will be ready for the game.
Rookie cornerback Jayron Hosley is going to try to test his turf toe. Coughlin said it would come down to pain tolerance.
Offensive tackle Will Beatty (back) and linebacker Michael Boley (hamstring) were going to practice Saturday.
In reviewing his roster cuts, Coughlin said the Giants decided to put cornerback Terrell Thomas (knee) and defensive tackle Shaun Rogers (blood clot) on season-ending injured reserve because it was in the best interests of both veterans and the team.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21368Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17546Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12345Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9430Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9175Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9080Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8212Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense