Girl witnessed attack night mother was killed in Oklahoma City, relative testifies
Noel Montes Sosa, 33, is on trial in the strangulation death of Sarita Aguilar, 27; Aguilar's daughter tells grandmother she tried to keep Sosa from choking her mother.
Child breaks down
The girl, now 9, took the stand Wednesday but broke down and started crying before answering a question and was removed as a witness, prosecutors said.
Defense attorneys told jurors Sosa didn't kill Aguilar but did not offer another suspect.
Gustavo Calix, who was staying with the couple, testified through an interpreter Wednesday that he was awakened by yelling coming from an upstairs loft. Calix said he heard Sosa calling Aguilar a Spanish name for prostitute.
“Sarita, don't do this to me, don't do this to me,” Calix testified hearing Sosa say before Calix said he walked outside with the girl.
He said he didn't call police because Sosa threatened to kick him out if he did. A neighbor called 911.
The victim's sister testified about the couple's violent relationship, telling the jury the victim stayed with her for a couple of days after showing up with bruises and bite marks from the defendant.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort