Girls basketball: Anadarko's Lakota Beatty commits to OSU
Anadarko guard Lakota Beatty verbally committed to play college basketball at Oklahoma State on Sunday.
Anadarko guard Lakota Beatty verbally committed to play college basketball at Oklahoma State on Sunday, the Lawton Constitution reports.
Beatty, a member of The Oklahoman Super Five, averaged 18.6 points and five rebounds per game as a junior and led the Warriors to the Class 4A state championship.
Committing now allows the senior-to-be to focus on next season.
“It's a big stress reliever,” Beatty told the Lawton Constitution. “I can just go into my senior year, focus on basketball, and getting back and winning state again.”
Beatty chose the Cowgirls over Oral Roberts, Tulsa and Arkansas. Fresno State also showed interest.
Her verbal commitment is nonbinding.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15918Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8813OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6389Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5669Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5503OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4833Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater