Girls basketball notebook: Jenny Roy leads Edmond Memorial returners
Edmond Memorial lost seven critical players from last season's Class 6A runner-up team but Bulldogs coach Dandy Peeler feels pretty good about the group she's got coming back.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Santa Fe doesn't have the depth it did last season but Bass said if the front line stays healthy, the Wolves could contend again.
“We may not be 10 deep like we were but they can play,” Bass said. “We're still very aggressive in what we do.
JANZEN HAPPY TO BE AT DESTINY
After serving as an assistant last season, Lori Janzen has taken over as head coach.
Destiny Christian returns three starters from last season.
“We've got a pretty good team back,” Janzen said. “The girls are playing together this year and getting better.”
Among the most critical returners is senior Larissa Runyan.
Runyan averaged 11.4 points and 8.8 rebounds last season.
“She's strong down low,” Janzen said. “But she can also shoot the three when we need her to.”
Destiny Christian also returns Sarah Maynord and Tiffany Thurmond at the guard spots.
“Tiffany's the one that holds the team together,” Janzen said. “Sarah's a very good shooter and never gets down.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15155OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10481Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 7111Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6362Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6344Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5951Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4162As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in