Girls basketball Player of the Week: Breck Clark, Dale
Dale won the Tri-County Tournament, getting 23 points, 10 rebounds and three steals from Clark. She was named tournament MVP, finishing with 72 total points.
DALE — Dale hasn't had many close games lately.
So when the Lady Pirates and Breck Clark found themselves in a tight basketball game late in the finals of the Tri-County Tournament against Earlsboro on Saturday night at Oklahoma Baptist, there was some question about how Dale would react.
NewsOK Related Articles
“It was good for us,” Clark said. “We struggled a bit in the fourth quarter but it when the playoffs come, every game is going to be like that and we've got to be ready for it.”
Dale won 52-45 with Clark scoring 23 points with 10 rebounds and three steals.
Clark was named the tournament's Most Valuable Player and earned Oklahoman Player of the Week honors.
“Her biggest strength is she attacks the bucket so hard,” Dale coach Josh Forsythe said. “She gets a lot of people in foul trouble. But also, what she's developed a little last year and more this year is her 3-pointer. Now, defenses can't back off of her because of that.”
For the tournament, Clark scored 72 points.
What Clark is perhaps most proud of, though, in the development of her game this year has been her improved passing.
“I've been working on my ball handling and getting my team more involved,” Clark said.
Clark is averaging about 1.5 more assists than she did as a junior.
“That's something her and I talked about quite a bit,” Forsythe said. “She's gotten so much better at passing and cutting and moving without the ball and creating shots for other people.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13360Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9892Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9697Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8639Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6622Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5282Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister