Girls basketball roundup: Breck Clark has 33 points, Dale beats Bethel
Lexes Satterwhite adds six 3-pointers for Dale, which wins its 20th game of the season.
Coming into Friday night's game, Bethel represented the only loss on Dale's otherwise perfect record, and the Pirates weren't going to let their Pottawatomie County basketball rival get the best of them again.
Photoview all 14 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Breck Clark scored 33 points, and Lexes Satterwhite made six 3-pointers as Dale won its 20th game of the season, 66-51 at Bethel's B.E. Cantrell Fieldhouse in the NewsOK Varsity Fans' Choice Game of the Week.
“I think we were definitely more prepared. Last time, we may have underestimated them a little bit, and they're a really good team, so we shouldn't have done that,” said Clark, who scored 18 points in the third quarter as Dale stretched a 27-21 halftime lead to double-digits.
The lead eventually peaked at 59-39 after four second-half 3s from Satterwhite, who finished with 22 points.
The win was the type of game Dale coach Josh Forsythe has been trying to get from his team all season.
“We can make a deep run in the playoffs this year if we continue to play with that type of effort and consistency for four quarters,” the coach said. “When we can play that hard and that disciplined for four quarters, we're pretty tough to beat.”
Mikayla Whitten led Bethel with 14 points.
CARL ALBERT CRUISES WITHOUT CARTER
With star guard Gioya Carter out with a sprained ankle, Class 5A No. 4 Carl Albert cruised to a 49-22 win over Noble.
Brianna Duchane scored 19 — 13 in the first half — to lead the Titans while Jordan Gilbert added 10.
The Titans (16-3) dominated from the start and took a 33-10 lead into halftime after scoring 22 in the second quarter.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36498Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32022Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 18998Oklahoma tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7837Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6469OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3675College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3601Student shot dead during botched home invasion