Girls High School Basketball Player of the Week: Grace Hadley, Bethany
Hadley has had to play an even greater role in Bethany's scoring in recent weeks after another of its top players suffered a knee injury.
BETHANY — After Bethany finished off a 70-58 win over Blanchard to clinch the regular-season conference championship on Friday, Bronchos senior guard Grace Hadley walked out of the locker room to find her mom waiting for her.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“Grace, do you know how many you had?” Phylis Hadley asked her daughter.
“I think about 20 or 25,” Grace answered.
“No, you had 36,” her mom told her.
The point total was a career high for Hadley, who scored 26 earlier in the week in a win over Purcell.
For her performances last week, Hadley is The Oklahoman's Girls High School Basketball Player of the Week.
“I didn't think it'd be that big of a game for me personally,” Hadley said. “I was just focused on getting out of there with a win since Blanchard's always such a tough place to play.”
Hadley has had to play an even greater role in Bethany's scoring in recent weeks after another of its top players tore her anterior cruciate ligament just after Christmas break.
“The way we've played since then just proves how deep we are and motivated we are to find different ways to win,” Hadley said. “Through the offense that Coach (Jared) Black has been able to use this year, we've been able to do that.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims