Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims
- 8773Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8553Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7603Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Give your jeans a 3-D upgrade
By Heather Warlick
| Published: September 11, 2012
Vibrant color is one top fashion story this season, but another important trend is patterned, printed and flocked jeans, many of which combine shocks of bright color and interesting texture, taking skinny jeans to the next level.
“This season is really all about this texture and the 3-D qualities,” said Alex Bratton, fashion buyer for On a Whim in Classen Curve. The shop recently opened an additional location at 3524 S Peoria Ave. in Tulsa. “I think it's a trend that everybody kind of jumped on board with.”
Jamicia Wiley, buyer at Gil's Clothing & Denim Bar, agrees. She said women of all ages are embracing the trend.
“I think that it's just a fresh approach to denim. It just adds something new and something fresh to your wardrobe,” Wiley said.
You'll find big, bold patterns and textures and some that are more simple and subtle. Some are flocked, some are waxed, others are printed directly onto the denim.
One thing you can count on — they're not kidding around when they call them skinny. These jeans tend to fit skintight.
If you're nervous about that, Wiley recommends pairing the painted-on pants with a long tunic and a pair of tall boots.
Anytime you wear something this tight on bottom, you should balance it by wearing something loose and blousy on top, she said.
Bratton recommends pairing the jeans with layered tops such as a long grandfather cardigan over a cutaway A-line tank top. Cocoon and Dolman-style tops are loose-fitting and perfect toppers for a skinny print jean.