GM, FedEx, Oracle are market movers
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq Stock Market:
General Motors Co., up $1.69 at $27.18
The automaker said it will spend $5.5 billion to buy back 200 million shares from the Treasury by the end of this year.
FedEx Corp., up 84 cents at $93.20
The package delivery company maintained its earnings forecast for the full fiscal year on a massive cost-cutting plan.
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc., up 7 cents at $2.65
Lisa Gersh, CEO of the media and home goods company, is stepping down after less than a year on the job.
Oracle Corp., up $1.21 at $34.09
The technology company said its fiscal second-quarter earnings rose 18 percent as companies spent more on software and other products.
Symmetricom Inc., down 41 cents at $5.59
The technology company lowered its fiscal second-quarter forecast as government and communications service providers' spending fell.
Francesca's Holdings Corp., up 33 cents at $27.11
A KeyBanc Capital Markets analyst reiterated his "Buy" rating on the women's retailer's stock and put it on his "Best Picks" list.
Monro Muffler Brake Inc., up 86 cents at $34.24
A Stifel Nicolaus anlayst initiated shares of the car-repair shop operator with a "Buy" rating, citing the company's growth potential.
Idera Pharmaceuticals Inc., up 15 cents at 92 cents
The drug developer said it got positive results in a study of a treatment for psoriasis, a disorder that affects skin and joints.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M