GOP must be a party of solutions
After the re-election of President Obama, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal advised Republicans to develop an “inclusive economic message that pre-empts efforts to caricature the GOP as the party of the rich.” Jindal told Politico, “We've got to make sure that we are not the party of big business, big banks, big Wall Street bailouts, big corporate loopholes, big anything.” After two terms with George W. Bush and his advisers, it's difficult for Republicans to escape their true identity. When will Oklahoma voters see Republicans the way they're beginning to see themselves?
NewsOK Related Articles
Jackie Gaston, Yukon
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes