GOP needs to change to more moderate ideals
It has reached the point where the Republican Party isn't going to win a national election unless it can reach the younger and more diversified demographics. The predominantly well-to-do, white male agenda doesn't carry the weight anymore in heavily populated regions. Young women don't want women's health and reproductive issues forced on them or legislated. Social issues, such as equal rights and pay, are also important to them. Other minorities don't like the far-right agenda and backtracking on affirmative action. Erosion of workers' rights and bargaining rights is another issue in the North and Northeast and far west.
NewsOK Related Articles
I thought it was prophetic that Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan couldn't even carry their home states. I heard that the Republicans hadn't received a popular vote majority in a presidential election since 1988. This is going to grow if they don't find a way to change to more moderate ideals or make others envision their current ones.
Jack Dill, Blanchard
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 14605Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9594Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8009Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6980Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6486Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6299Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister