Senate Republicans to block vote on Oklahoma nominee for federal appeals court
Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn says Robert E. Bacharach is an “awfully good candidate” for court who got caught in election-year politics as Republicans eye a White House win.
WASHINGTON — Senate Republicans won’t allow a vote before November’s presidential election to confirm U.S. Magistrate Judge Robert E. Bacharach to a federal appeals court, despite Bacharach’s credentials and support from both Oklahoma senators, Sen. Tom Coburn said Thursday.
Coburn, R-Muskogee, said Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell told him Republicans were following a tradition used by both parties to block votes on circuit court nominees a few months...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101883Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13737Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10731Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9553OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8470Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7788How to help tornado victims
- 7217Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area