Gordon-Bowyer payback never materializes in finale
Logano cracked the top 10 late, but faded in the final laps.
Kenseth had trouble closing, too.
Kenseth, who is leaving Roush Fenway Racing for Joe Gibbs Racing next season, finished 18th after spending much of the day in the top 10. He even led two laps.
"It was really frustrating for me," Kenseth said. "I thought we had a top-five car in the beginning and we put two tires on one time and the handling totally went away from us and we were junk from there on out and the rest of the race. ... It was frustrating, a frustrating ending to a season."
SUPPORT SYSTEM: Brad Keselowski, a Michigan native, had plenty of support at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
Not only did Keselowski's father attend his first race of the season, former NFL receiver Chad Johnson showed up to pull for Keselowski. So did 1991 Heisman Trophy winner Desmond Howard, who played at Michigan, and famed Detroit rocker Kid Rock.
"It would be nice to see Brad get a ring, win one," Rock said before the race. "It would be great for (Roger) Penske, all the fans in Michigan and what not."
HAMLIN HELPS: Sprint Cup driver Denny Hamlin and some of his crewmembers spent time this week volunteering at a food bank in New Jersey, helping the ongoing relief efforts needed after Superstorm Sandy.
Hamlin unloaded trucks of food and other supplies donated by his sponsor, FedEx.
Hamlin and his crew also loaded Thanksgiving turkeys and delivered them to a food shelter. In total, FedEx has pledged more than $1.5 million in donations in affected areas following the storm.
"It was a great opportunity to come up and play a small role in helping the community get back on its feet," Hamlin said. "The people have really rallied together to help the ongoing relief efforts, volunteering their time even though they might not have power or hot water themselves."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6211Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5407Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4993Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4408OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3817Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law