Gore, Brown set to play Sunday for 49ers
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Frank Gore carries a heavy load every week for the 49ers and it will be more of the same when San Francisco hosts the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.
"Frank is one of the best, if not the best, back in the league," 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said Friday. "So, he's going to run and he's feeling good. He had a good week at practice."
Gore, who gained 58 yards on 23 carries last Sunday against the Rams, and cornerback Tarell Brown took a little time off to heal nagging injuries this week — but both insisted they will be ready for the Dolphins.
"I could play right now," Gore said. "I feel all right."
Gore is nursing a wrist problem, while Brown's hamstring has been problematic.
"I'll be fine, I just have to listen to the trainers," Brown said. "I just needed a day to let it rest."
San Francisco will be trying to rebound from a 16-13 overtime loss to St. Louis.
"We've responded well," Brown said. "You never want to lose, but at the same time it's part of the game. You just have to stay focused."
Harbaugh said there were two ways to respond after a loss.
"You're ticked off, and when you're ticked off you're going to do one of two things: You're going to come back and do something about it, or you go cower in the corner and shrivel up in the fetal position," he said. "I haven't seen any of the latter around here. You come back, chest somebody up and let's do something about it."
Wide receiver Mario Manningham remains doubtful with a shoulder injury, and several other players are listed as probable.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10801Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10490Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10422Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9824Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6498Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4191Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4093Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes