Gov. Brad Henry vetoes 4th abortion bill
Oklahoma governor vetoes bill to deny abortion insurance coverage, saying measure would treat rape and incest victims unfairly.
Gov. Brad Henry late Wednesday vetoed a bill that would have prohibited private insurance companies from paying for abortions.The governor said House Bill 3290 would have punished rape and incest victims who did not report the crimes against them within a specified time frame by denying them insurance coverage.
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims