Gov. Mary Fallin: More prosperous state, more responsible government keys to 2013 agenda
NewsOK Related Articles
I will remind lawmakers that important work remains to address the $11 billion in unfunded liability in our state pension system. This amounts to $11 billion in state debt, a problem that can't go ignored.
Finally, I will call for increasing resources aimed at boosting the physical health of our residents and improving mental health services. Improving health outcomes in Oklahoma is as important to containing health care costs and promoting economic growth as it is to our quality of life. We must redouble our efforts on this issue.
My agenda for 2013 will outline my vision for a more prosperous Oklahoma and a more responsible government. I look forward to working with lawmakers and all Oklahomans to pursue initiatives that continue our state's remarkable forward progress.
Fallin, a Republican, is beginning her third year in office.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 13110Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12605OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11229Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10063Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7965Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5849Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5300Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers