Government needs to leave us alone!
Regarding “Oklahoma's helmet laws for adult bikers still get debate” (News, Dec. 17): Why can't we be left alone? They want to limit the size of our soft drinks, make us wear seat belts, stop us from putting salt on our french fries, make us wear life vests while boating and of course stop smoking. And now Oklahoma may become another in the long line of nanny states by passing a law that requires all motorcycle riders to wear a helmet. Never mind the fact that I'm an adult and should be able to make my own decisions while pursuing life, liberty and happiness.
NewsOK Related Articles
The U.S. leads the world in the number of deaths attributed to falls from ladders. Should we outlaw Christmas lights in an effort control this serious health issue as well?
Gregg Tunison, Edmond
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 19791Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7602OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6827Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6472OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5877Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4499Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4468Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash