H: ° L: °,
Government needs to leave us alone!
Regarding “Oklahoma's helmet laws for adult bikers still get debate” (News, Dec. 17): Why can't we be left alone? They want to limit the size of our soft drinks, make us wear seat belts, stop us from putting salt on our french fries, make us wear life vests while boating and of course stop smoking. And now Oklahoma may become another in the long line of nanny states by passing a law that requires all motorcycle riders to wear a helmet. Never mind the fact that I'm an adult and should be able to make my own decisions while pursuing life, liberty and happiness.
NewsOK Related Articles
The U.S. leads the world in the number of deaths attributed to falls from ladders. Should we outlaw Christmas lights in an effort control this serious health issue as well?
Gregg Tunison, Edmond
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 42155Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15090Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9670Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8506Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8490Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7696Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7550Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena