Government supports culture of violence, not life
The nation has had guns for more than 200 years without the problem of school shooting massacres. To suddenly decide that guns are the problem doesn't make sense. What's changed is that we now have a culture of violence that lacks the proper respect for life. Hollywood is largely responsible for our culture of violence. If the government were serious about curbing the violence, it would go after the cause of the culture change. Instead, the government has rewarded Hollywood with dollar tax breaks! If the government were serious about promoting respect for life, it would support life. Instead, it prohibits teaching schoolchildren “thou shalt not kill” and forces unwilling business owners to pay for abortions.
NewsOK Related Articles
Douglas Wall, Edmond
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort