Government's response to tragedy is to take away freedoms
How safe will you be if Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein and President Obama have their way? If you wear rose-colored glasses and drink the Kool-Aid that comes out of Washington and the media, you'll feel safe. But are you really safe? For decades, street drugs such as cocaine, heroin and meth have been illegal. Does this mean these drugs can't be found? No. They're everywhere. Who controls them? Criminals do — the Mafia, gangs, gang bangers, the list goes on. Where do these street drugs come from? They come from all over the world.
NewsOK Related Articles
Where will the guns come from? All over the world. The gangs will be well armed with Chinese AK-47s, full auto at that. Do we want to put that much power in the hands of organized crime? Do we want that much power in the hands of a government whose only response to a tragedy is to take liberties/freedoms from its citizens? What type of government tries to legislate away freedoms?
You'll need to answer that last question for yourself, but you should first look at the past 200 years of world history.
John Sircy, Goodwell
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 15391Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9463Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8117Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7214Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6364Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6332Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6331Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit