Government's response to tragedy is to take away freedoms
How safe will you be if Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein and President Obama have their way? If you wear rose-colored glasses and drink the Kool-Aid that comes out of Washington and the media, you'll feel safe. But are you really safe? For decades, street drugs such as cocaine, heroin and meth have been illegal. Does this mean these drugs can't be found? No. They're everywhere. Who controls them? Criminals do — the Mafia, gangs, gang bangers, the list goes on. Where do these street drugs come from? They come from all over the world.
NewsOK Related Articles
Where will the guns come from? All over the world. The gangs will be well armed with Chinese AK-47s, full auto at that. Do we want to put that much power in the hands of organized crime? Do we want that much power in the hands of a government whose only response to a tragedy is to take liberties/freedoms from its citizens? What type of government tries to legislate away freedoms?
You'll need to answer that last question for yourself, but you should first look at the past 200 years of world history.
John Sircy, Goodwell
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims