Governor helping UAH unveil fusion power generator
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Gov. Robert Bentley is scheduled to join leaders from the University of Alabama in Huntsville to unveil a fusion power generator.
Bentley says the Charger 1 generator will lead to innovative research for travel in deep space and help Alabama's economy. A state program that supports research and economic development at public universities provided nearly $300,000 for the Charger 1.
The unveiling ceremony is set for 10 a.m. Friday at the UAH Aerophysics Research Center at Redstone Arsenal.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims