Grain futures fall, livestock prices rise
CHICAGO (AP) — Grains futures fell Thursday on the Chicago Board of Trade.
Wheat for May delivery dropped 49 cents to $6.8775 a bushel; May corn fell 40 cents to $6.9525 a bushel; May oats fell 17 cents to $3.9550 a bushel; while May soybeans fell 49 cents to $14.0475 a bushel.
Beef and pork prices rose on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
April live cattle rose 1.55 cent to $1.2890 a pound; April feeder cattle rose 3 cents to $1.434 a pound; April lean hogs added 0.53 cent to 80.6 cents a pound.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes