'Grand Theft Auto V' to launch on Sept. 17
NEW YORK (AP) — Video game publisher Take-Two says the next installment of the long-awaited "Grand Theft Auto" series will launch worldwide on Sept. 17.
The game was scheduled to go on sale this spring. Take-Two said Thursday that it is delaying the game to give developers more time to work on it.
Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. says "Grand Theft Auto V" will be available on Xbox 360 from Microsoft Corp. and PlayStation 3 from Sony Corp.
Created by Rockstar Games, "Grand Theft Auto" is one of the world's most popular video game franchises. The latest installment is set in the fictional, struggling metropolis Los Santos. There, Take Two-says, three criminals from very different backgrounds plot their chances of "survival and success."
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims