Green scores career-high 31, TCU beats Rice 65-63
HOUSTON (AP) — Garlon Green scored a career-high 31 points to help TCU hold off Rice for a 65-63 victory Saturday night.
Green, a senior, played all 40 minutes, was 10 of 16 from the field and hit three 3-pointers. Oddly, Green's previous career high also came on Dec. 22 — he scored 24 points a year ago in a win over Grambling State.
TCU led the entire second half, but the Owls (3-8) pulled within 64-63 with 13 seconds left on a layup by Julian DeBose. But TCU's Kyan Anderson made a free throw before Tamir Jackson, who led Rice with 25 points, missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer.
Adrick McKinney added 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Horned Frogs (8-4), and Connell Crossland had nine points and 11 boards.
The loss snapped Rice's three-game home winning streak against TCU, its former rival from the Southwest and Western Athletic conferences.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments