Grizzlies F Randolph out with flu-like symptoms
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Zach Randolph has been ruled out for the Memphis Grizzlies' game against the Portland Trail Blazers due to flu-like symptoms.
Coach Lionel Hollins announced Randolph was ill during his pregame media availability on Friday night.
The 6-foot-9 Randolph is averaging 16.7 points and 12.3 rebounds per game. He leads the NBA in double-doubles with 22 and is second in the league in rebounding.
It was his first missed game of the season
Marreese Speights was slated to start in Randolph's spot. Speights started 54 games last season as Randolph recovered from an early season knee injury.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 39102Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15291Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9778Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9437Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9040Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7843Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7624Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister