Grizzlies sign Chris Johnson to 10-day deal
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — The Memphis Grizzlies have signed guard-forward Chris Johnson to a 10-day contract a day after sending three players to the Cleveland Cavaliers to free up salary space.
The Grizzlies announced the deal Wednesday.
The 6-foot-6 Johnson had been averaging 12.6 points, 4 rebounds and 1.81 steals in 21 games with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers of the NBA's Development League. He ranks fourth in the D-League with 54 3-pointers made and tied for sixth with 38 steals. He played four years in college at Dayton and was the 2010 National Invitation Tournament MVP in helping the Flyers to the title game.
Johnson played for the Clippers and Orlando in the preseason.
The move leaves the Grizzlies with 12 players on the roster.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort