Grocery event highlights Food Check-Out Week in Oklahoma
The Oklahoma Farm Bureau Women's Committee shopped for groceries at Crest Foods on Thursday during an event that highlights the affordability of food in America.
The Oklahoma Farm Bureau Women's Committee shopped for groceries Thursday at Crest Foods during an event that highlights the affordability of food in America.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
Food Check-Out Week marks the time of year the average American earns enough to pay the grocery bill for the rest of the year. Americans pay less than 10 percent of their disposable income on food, the Farm Bureau said.
The groceries bought during Thursday's event were donated to Ronald McDonald House.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 101343Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13633Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10711Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9528OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8426Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7731How to help tornado victims
- 7199Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area