Backers postpone Oklahoma wine-sale proposal
Proponents suspend their signature petition drive seeking to put on the ballot a proposed change to the state constitution that would allow wine to be sold in grocery stories in Oklahoma’s 15 largest counties. They will try again next year in hopes of getting the issue to voters in 2014.
Backers of an effort to let voters decide whether wine should be sold in grocery stores in the state’s 15 largest counties are suspending their efforts to get the proposal on this year’s ballot.
A petition will be refiled and signatures of registered voters will be sought during the fall of 2013 with a goal of getting the issue to voters in 2014, said Brian Howe, director of Oklahomans...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 21842Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 19892Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims