Groundbreaking is Tuesday for Edmond Recreation and Aquatics Center
The future site for Edmond Recreation and Aquatics Center will be the location of a groundbreaking ceremony at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday. The new $22.47 competitive swimming pool and recreation center is a partnership between the city, Edmond Public Schools and the YMCA.
EDMOND — A groundbreaking ceremony for the Edmond Recreation and Aquatics Center is scheduled for 10:30 a.m.
The $22.47 million competitive swimming pool and recreation center is a partnership between the city, Edmond Public Schools and the YMCA.
The center will be built in J.L. Mitch Park, 2733 Marilyn Williams Drive, off Covell Road, just west of Kelly Avenue.
The center will have a 50-meter swimming pool with seating for up to 800 spectators. The recreation center will have a traditional fitness center, gym and family aquatics area.
The building will be owned by the city, but the YMCA will operate the center, and the schools' swim teams will use the competitive pool.
Plans are to have the center open in late spring or early summer 2013.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 16804Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8821OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6453Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5885Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5756OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4970Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4920Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater