Group appeals personhood ruling to U.S. Supreme Court
A national group filed an appeal Monday with the U.S. Supreme Court contesting an Oklahoma court ruling that struck down a proposed petition seeking a vote to change state law so that a fertilized human egg would be defined as a person.
Keith Mason, founder of Personhood USA, said the state court’s ruling infringed on Oklahomans’ rights to petition their government.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 20548Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16464Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11845Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 11178Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9890Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9386OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures