Grove battery plant is ending operations
A Delaware County battery manufacturing plant is shutting down most of its production leaving 63 workers without jobs a week before Thanksgiving.
GROVE — A Delaware County battery manufacturing plant is shutting down most of its production leaving 63 workers without jobs a week before Thanksgiving.
Xtreme Power Grove employees were notified on Wednesday and Thursday the plant would be shutting down immediately, company officials said.
“It's never good for a community to lose jobs this time of year,” said Lisa Friden, Grove Area Chamber of Commerce president.
“There were rumors of a possible shutdown like last year, but the plant closing took us all by surprise,” she said.
Chamber records showed the plant opened in 2008 and employed 108 people.
Most of the workers will apply for unemployment benefits while waiting to see what transpires, she said.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 13704Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13572OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9488Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7226Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6986Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5704Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5041Student shot dead during botched home invasion