Guatemalan police arrest software guru McAfee
GUATEMALA CITY (AP) — A Guatemalan official says software company founder John McAfee has been arrested in Guatemala City for entering the country illegally.
Interior Minister Mauricio Lopez Bonilla said McAfee was detained by police at a hotel in an upscale neighborhood.
Earlier Wednesday, McAfee said he had formally requested asylum in Guatemala claiming he is being persecuted in Belize, where he is wanted for questioning in the fatal shooting of a neighbor.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims