Gun owners need to secure their firearms
The 9/11 attacks, which claimed almost 3,000 people, became the catalyst that united Americans in a war on terror. Since then, no major terrorist attack in our country has occurred. Gun violence in America kills around 12,000 people annually, which is the equivalent of a 9/11 attack every three months. Given that level of carnage, Americans need to unite once again to solve the problem of gun violence. Surely we can all agree that gun owners need to properly secure their firearms so that these weapons don't fall into the wrong hands. This simple action alone would have prevented the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre and the gun owner being shot to death with her own firearm.
NewsOK Related Articles
Cole Herndon, Oklahoma City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 38644Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15211Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9740Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9154Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8873Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7777Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7381Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister