Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
"We'll have a call that comes from me and then all the adjustments will be made among the group,” Gundy said. "That's one advantage with what we do. I wouldn't say anybody is the official guy. Most of it will be done as a group.” Play-calling became an issue after offensive coordinator Larry Fedora was named head coach at Southern Mississippi earlier this month. "Sometimes the quarterback makes (the final decision),” Gundy said. "It depends on how they line up. I'd say 60 percent of the time we stay with the call. The original call will come from me, but nothing's really changed.” Wide receivers coach Gunter Brewer, tight ends coach Doug Meacham, running backs coach Curtis Luper and offensive line coach Joe Wickline always have had input into the game plan. "Coach Gundy will have the final say, but we all have been involved, even when Larry was here,” Brewer said. "We've practiced it since Larry left. We haven't missed a beat. There have been no problems in practice. I don't foresee any in the game.” Meacham watched games from the press box with Fedora.
Gundy says he'll have final vote on play-calling in bowl
TEMPE, Ariz. — Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy said play-calling will be a group effort but he will have the final vote when the Cowboys play Indiana on Monday night in the Insight Bowl.
Videoview all videos
NewsOK Related Articles
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12097Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11309Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6870Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6485Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4833Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4317OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3653Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law