UPDATE: Man injured by gunfire found in vehicle by Oklahoma City police officer
A pursuit to a hospital and an attempted traffic stop leads a police officer to a gunshot victim in a vehicle. The man was shot in southeast Oklahoma City.
A police officer pursued a vehicle Wednesday and found a man inside who had been injured by gunfire overnight in southeast Oklahoma City, police report.
The officer attempted to stop the vehicle about 3 a.m. Wednesday, but the driver did not stop and proceeded to Integris Southwest Medical Center, said police Master Sgt. Gary Knight.
The officer followed the vehicle to the hospital, where he was told that the man was shot at apartments in the 4300 block of SE 46, Knight said.
The victim underwent emergency surgery and is expected to recover.
Knight said no arrest has been made, but detectives are interviewing multiple witnesses.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction