“ ... We're ready to go to the other forum if we don't get relief soon.”
The school board voted unanimously to stop construction until an investigation of the situation was complete.
“It gives us time to investigate some further issues,” said Phil Horning, vice chairman of the Oklahoma City School Board. “The issue we have to look at confirming is whether there's a suitable alternative location at the site.”
Whether to move the site back to its original location will come down to a variety of factors, such as cost and time, said Jim Burkey, chief operations officer for the district.
“What were the reasons behind this decision?” Burkey said.
“The architect didn't just go out there and randomly decide this is the place to put it.”
Burkey said he hopes for a quick resolution.