Share “'Hair of the dog' saves puppy's life”

'Hair of the dog' saves puppy's life

BY RICHARD SHEARS, THE DAILY MAIL Modified: January 15, 2013 at 3:12 pm •  Published: January 15, 2013

A 10-week-old puppy in danger of dying from poisoning after swallowing anti-freeze was saved by a strong dose of vodka – a whole bottle and a half!

A vet put Cleo, an American Staffordshire, on the emergency hard liquor treatment as an antidote and the unusual treatment saved her life.

She was today still getting over a hangover in a Melbourne veterinary surgery, but her owner, Miss Stacey Zammit was delighted that her four-legged friend was on the road to recovery.

Read the complete article from the original source.