Halloween safety tips from Norman Police Department
· Be especially watchful for pedestrians on the sidewalks when entering and leaving driveways and parking lots.
· Be aware that, despite advice to the contrary, some children will go out in dark colored costumes. Keep in mind that some may be hard to see after dark.
Pedestrian Safety: An adult or responsible child should always accompany young children. All children should WALK, not run from house to house and use the sidewalk if available, rather than walk in the street.
Caution children against running out from between parked cars, or across lawns and yards where ornaments, furniture, or other obstacles may present dangers.
Choosing Safe Houses: Children should only visit the homes of residents that are known and who have outside lights on as a sign of welcome. Children should not enter homes or apartments unless an adult accompanies them.
Treats: Warn children not to eat any treats before an adult has carefully examined them for evidence of tampering.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 58670Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34839Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 11019Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8824Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5821Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3796OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins