Hallucinating man with handgun causes commotion at Taco Bell in Oklahoma City, police say
Gabriel Samuel Rivera, 29, was arrested on complaints of possession of heroin and possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony. A search of his house turned up 13 guns, anabolic steroid pills and vials of testosterone, Oklahoma City police reported.
A man who was hallucinating and carrying a handgun ran into a Taco Bell and told everyone three men were trying to kill him, Oklahoma City police reported Thursday.
Videoview all videos
Feb 14Gabriel Samuel Rivera, 29, was arrested on complaints of...
Photoview all photos
Gabriel Samuel Rivera, 29, of Oklahoma City, was arrested on complaints of possession of heroin and possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Police responded about 10 p.m. Tuesday to Taco Bell, 2858 NW 23, where a man had a handgun on the counter next to him, according to the police report.
When police searched Rivera, they found $570 and a plastic bag containing a black tarlike substance that later tested positive for heroin, according to the report.
Rivera told police he was the victim of a carjacking and three men were in the back of his sport utility vehicle in the parking lot.
He said the men broke into his house, forced him into his SUV, pistol-whipped him and made him drive around. Rivera said when he pulled into the restaurant's parking lot he jumped out of the vehicle and ran around it several times trying to get away from his attackers.
Police Capt. Dexter Nelson said Rivera was hallucinating.
“He was seeking refuge from imaginary suspects that were chasing him,” Nelson said. “It was a result of his intoxication on drugs and alcohol.”
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 18478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8171OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6350Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6186Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6108OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4747Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4683Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater