Hamlin re-ups with Joe Gibbs Racing
Denny Hamlin has signed a contract extension with Joe Gibbs Racing.
Hamlin's contract was not due to expire until after the 2013 season. He announced the extension on Twitter prior to Saturday night's race at Kentucky Speedway.
He told The Associated Press earlier this week he was working on a new deal, and saw no real reason to negotiate with other teams.
Hamlin says he appreciates the stability he has at JGR and with sponsor FedEx, which has been on his car since his 2005 Sprint Cup Series tryout.
Hamlin has won 19 races in the No. 11 with JGR, and has made the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship in all six of his full seasons. He's ranked eighth in points and has two wins this season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12959Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12323OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10047Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8563Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6689Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6158Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated